Growth Product Director, Direct to Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Identify and define requirements for new features and functionality that support growth marketing initiatives within the productWork with marketing campaign managers, channel managers and product team to spec and build custom web acquisition funnels (landing pages and signup flows) for paid/organic search, display and email.Report on ongoing performance of landing pages, signup flows, and on progress of other projectsSupports senior managers in evaluating the company’s business goals, marketing strategy, digital marketing plans, and synthesizing them into a roadmap for the landing page and signup flow user experiencesWorks with partners from Product, Project Management and Technology teams to prioritize the roadmap items for front-end development and back-end systems to support those goalsAct as a marketing evangelist within the product team with a thorough understanding of customer needs and behaviors of current prospective users of the platform, effectively connecting product features to business value and translating to compelling growth marketing experiences.Manage feature requirements for all growth product tools including email marketing, push, in-app, loyalty, referral and sharingOwn all marketing technology from a product perspective including vendor management, QA, testing, tagging and feature deploymentDevelop feature definition through detailed requirements and user storiesConduct A/B tests and perform other quantitative and qualitative analysesGather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing in partnership with the product teamIntegrate data analytics, product metrics, user experience research, and competitive analysis, to drive prioritization of product features and enhancements
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
NBCUniversal is seeking a Growth Product Director to join the direct-to-consumer marketing team for its new Streaming Video Service. This role will sit at the convergence of product and growth marketing, supporting operations and execution for our various subscriber growth and engagement initiatives including landing page requirements, SEO, marketing technology and being a marketing voice on the product team.
This role will serve as the leader in moving forward our growth marketing efforts from a product perspective. Heavy use of A/B testing and experimentation will happen on a daily basis and being able to evaluate and turn those results into new features and best practices is a must. Working in congress with the product team, this role will also manage any product features directly related to marketing such as referral programs, loyalty programs and sharing functions - writing requirements and developing a strong point-of-view on the space.
If you are someone who is analytical and creative and obsessed with optimizing experiences to drive growth while working with both product and marketing teams, this is a great role for you.
● 7+ years of experience in a product management, product marketing or digital marketing role
● Direct and demonstrable experience in optimizing web and mobile products for engagement, activation and conversion
● Demonstrated experience in Confluence, JIRA, Trello and other project management tools
● Strong knowledge of content management systems (CMS), HTML/CSS, web analytics platforms, SEO best practices and agile methodologies
● Experience in defining business requirements for product features. Ability to build collaborative relationships with a diverse range of cross-functional partners and a demonstrated ability to influence at multiple levels of the organization.
● Experience integrating and managing third-party products and vendors, writing requirements for developers and leading the ongoing maintenance of new growth products
● Experience in working with art directors, graphic designers and copywriters for creative production
● Strong experience in AB/multivariate testing with an ability to effectively turn reporting and analysis in to insights and strategies and set experimentation requirements
● Strong analytical skills, comfortable with audience segmentation, thinking through the customer journey, and developing business requirements based on customer insights.
● Ability to work in an ever changing fast paced environment with technical know-how and comfort working with acquisition marketing teams.
● Strong executor and problem solver, who can be resourceful and creative. Start up mentality with a strong level of independence and efficiency
● Knowledgeable on acquisition best practices, technologies, and trends
● Bachelor’s degree required
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.