- Full Time
The Institute for Market Transformation seeks a dynamic Communications Associate to support our broad range of communication activities, maintaining IMT’s position at the forefront of market-based solutions to today’s climate and energy challenges. As a creative multimedia specialist, the Associate will play a vital role in shaping IMT’s social media strategies. Duties include multimedia production, social media management, and preparing staff for presentations. This junior-level position reports to the Director of Communications.
- Responsible for multimedia communications management, including production and optimization of IMT’s main monthly newsletter, as well as regular community engagement across IMT social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn). This includes tracking and planning engagement efforts, creating copy and other materials, and providing periodic ROI analysis on audience engagement efforts.
- Assist in executing feedback loops on IMT deliverables to gauge effectiveness
- Assist in preparing staff for representing IMT at events and webinars, including producing presentation materials such as Powerpoint presentations
- Oversee webinar production, leading on the administrative efforts of recruiting audiences, executing the webinar, and following through on post-webinar attendee outreach including posting and promoting recordings on YouTube and email blasts to attendees
- Oversee the maintenance and refinement of audience recruitment efforts such as a welcome series outreach plan for new newsletter sign-ups
- Assist in writing and editing blog content and coordinating website updates as needed across IMT properties, with an eye on increasing audience engagement
- Assist in editing program deliverables including white papers, articles, letters, proposals, blogs, and fact sheets as needed
- Oversee the execution of project-based newsletters such as those for the Landlord-Tenant Energy Partnership and Small Business Energy Initiative
- Work effectively with contractors such as graphic designers or videographers on a per-project basis, under the guidance of the Communications Manager and Director
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, creative self-starter
- Experience with social media platforms
- Experience with Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Interest in energy efficiency, clean energy, sustainability, green building, or environmental issues
- Strongly preferred:
- Undergraduate degree in communications, humanities, journalism, marketing, or social sciences
- Experience measuring return on investment with social media
- Experience creating social media graphics via platforms such as Canva
- Experience with Mailchimp for newsletter creation and distribution
- Experience with WordPress
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and writing sample. Please write “Communications Associate” in the subject line.
About the Institute for Market Transformation
The Institute for Market Transformation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to catalyze widespread and sustained demand for high-performing buildings. Achieving this vision requires a market transformation through strategic interventions that remove barriers and to provide an easier path to an energy-efficient built environment. We work in partnership with businesses, policymakers, and environmental groups that are leading the future of energy efficiency. With over 20 years of experience, our small organization contributes to large-scale outcomes by driving important new practices and policies that benefit cities, businesses, the economy and the environment.
We are headquartered in downtown Washington, DC, a few blocks from the White House. We provide a vibrant, collaborative and flexible workplace that brings together diverse expertise. We empower our staff to constantly learn while achieving big goals, and we have a great deal of fun along the way.
IMT values all types of diversity—including racial, ethnic, and gender—and is committed to promoting and fostering a diverse organization. IMT is an equal opportunity employer.