Technical Content Writer
- Full Time
Are you looking to combine your writing skills with your love of learning new technologies? Are you as comfortable on the command line as you are writing clear and effective prose? If so, we'd love to talk to you.
We are expanding the writing team at Datadog, the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring and analytics. Our team of technical content writers runs Datadog's main blog (aka "The Monitor"), where we publish in-depth articles about monitoring, software infrastructure, and application performance for a highly technical audience of software developers and ops engineers.
What You’ll Do
- Pitch, research, and write articles for the Datadog blog, such as:
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides and tutorials
- Announcements for new Datadog features and integrations
- Collaborate with editors, product managers, engineers, and graphic designers to maximize the clarity, technical correctness, and visual appeal of our articles
- Develop new formats for communicating original research, monitoring best practices, and technical tips to our readers
- Continually measure reader engagement, and iterate to improve content focus, craft, and distribution
Who You Should Be
- You are a polished writer, with samples of your work to share
- You are proficient in at least one widely used general-purpose programming language (Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- You have some experience setting up web servers, databases, container platforms, cloud services, or other infrastructure technologies
Successful candidates will be comfortable researching new technologies, learning how to use them, and reducing their complex workings to clear prose. You will have the support of Datadog engineers and other technical staff when you need an expert opinion.
What We Do
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables Dev, Ops and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.