Senior Writer, Inc. Magazine
- Full Time
As the publisher of both Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations and provide much needed inspiration.
Inc.is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, and document the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
What You’ll Be Doing
As the Senior Writer you will be writing and editing for Inc.com and Inc. magazine. In addition, you’ll serve as Inc.’s primary editorial contact to the tech and entrepreneurial communities in San Francisco and Silicon Valley. You will have the opportunity to work on Inc.’s podcast, videos and occasionally appear onstage at Inc. events.
This position is a remote opportunity based in San Francisco.
What We’re Looking For
Inc.’s ideal San Francisco Senior Writer will:
- Write award-winning, big-picture, ahead-of-the-curve features, for the magazine and Inc.com, about the next great founder-led tech companies.
- Have interesting, surprising, and eminently readable takes on major developments at the leading tech companies in the US—Facebook, Amazon, Tesla, etc.—that can be produced under deadline pressure.
- Have high-level connections to founders of key and emerging Bay Area companies.
- Be a strong and wise editor of Inc.com reporters and writers, and nurture their development as journalists.
- Help shape Inc.’s tech coverage, and coverage of non-tech entrepreneurs in and around the Bay Area.
- Be comfortable interviewing high-profile subjects onstage, and have strong public speaking skills.
- Be a self-starter, and comfortable working independently in a virtual bureau.
- Play well with others, and be a skilled communicator and collaborator who will challenge the team to rise to greater heights.
If this is you, please send a resume and a cover letter explaining why you're the ideal candidate. Please include PDFs or links to some of your work, including at least one piece of writing that you’re especially proud of, no matter what the subject matter is.
Mansueto Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.