- Full Time
Disney Publishing Worldwide is seeking an Editor that will work closely with the Director, Editorial and Global Franchise leads to develop a list of 30-45 titles per year for the Disney Book Group’s Disney Press Children’s List.
- Working with Director, Editorial closely on overall list planning for Disney Press, Marvel, Lucas, and Disney Editions, including but not limited to creating format grids, shaping pub plans, brainstorming new book ideas and formats, and more.
- Develop, edit, and manage a list of 10-15 titles per season (up to 45 titles per year) for Disney Book Group in various formats and price points, across franchises.
- Work closely with global franchise leads and corporate brand management on stories, series, concepts, themes, and formats as needed
- Lead the planning, scheduling, and coordination of new books for DBG, from acquisitions through product release
- Collaborate with bi-coastal team of writers, artists, designers, and productions teams to bring books to market
- Work closely with Editorial Director and Publisher, as well as the marketing, sales, and publicity teams, to ensure strategic planning and scheduling of new books
- Minimum 4-5 years publishing editorial experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage resources across multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, productive, and detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of children’s publishing process and formats required.
- Understanding of editing, line editing, and copyediting.
- Familiarity with Disney/Pixar brands and licensed publishing a plus
- Bachelors of Art Degree in Communications, Journalism, or New Media