- Full Time
Vision Monday is the Jobson Optical Group’s leading news and optical business trend title, providing an integrated platform of publications, newsletters, web and live event services. The VM Associate Editor is responsible for assisting in the editorial process, including reporting on news developments, writing compelling copy, covering new product launches and reporting stories on business topics, and consistently finding creative new ways to connect with readers, in print and online.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Assist in the editorial process, working with industry leaders to verify information and obtain related materials
- Write and copy edit articles, headlines, blurbs, decks, callouts and sideboards for layouts for the various Vision Monday platforms including the print/digital publication, website, all social media, newsletters, magazines and special editorial supplements
- Respond to reader inquiries and fact check as needed
- Work with clients, sales and production/design to meet all deadlines as required for publication or postings
- Lead social media initiatives on behalf of VM on all relevant platforms.
- Represent VM at media events as needed
- Represent VM at trade shows/conferences as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree or higher
- Minimum of 3 years in news writing/editing
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Strong command of English grammar and usage
- Possess a meticulous eye for details and accuracy, and be internet savvy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint), PhotoShop and skills on a variety of computer and mobile devices for use on social networking
- Must have the ability to work independently, have a strong sense of responsibility, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously