Associate Director, Marketing Web and Design
- Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing in the office of Columbia College Alumni Relations and Communications, the Associate Director of Web and Design will be an integral member of the Marketing team who supports marketing strategies that inspire and engage with alumni through the programs, events and service opportunities available through the Columbia College Alumni Association (CCAA) and that strengthen community connections with Columbia College. This individual will support marketing priorities by developing a visual strategy that aligns with the CCAA and College brand and values, helping to develop a clear approach to presenting programs, experiences, news and benefits in a cohesive manner that will increase engagement, brand recognition and user response. This individual will brainstorm, create and execute graphic design, animation and other assets that uphold the brand and reinforce messaging and objectives of marketing across channels. In addition, this individual will support strategic planning around web strategy and user journey, to enhance the web as a destination and a landing experience that supports organizational goals. This individual will collaborate closely with fellow Marketing teammates and internal clients on visual strategies for key campaigns and for overarching brand. Key partners include the College Alumni Relations, Events & Programs, College Communications, and Fundraising teams along with several University partner teams across campus.
- Work with Senior Director of Alumni Marketing and client partners to support key initiatives, through developing visual strategies for the CCAA and its major initiatives, as well as for individual marketing campaigns that promote key programs or experiences available to College alumni.
- Work closely with partners and Senior Director to shape campaign objectives and unified approach to meet marketing and client targets, specifically thinking through how visual design, layout and style may support outcomes of each program.
- Own, review and enhance the overarching visual strategy across assets and channels, supporting partners through actual design work that feed into their channels and campaigns as well as through consultation and input that helps drive consistency across touch-points and in alignment with programmatic objectives.
- Design print and digital graphic assets and gifs that can be used in a variety of channels, thinking through audience mindset, barriers and expectations of communications from Columbia. This includes assets for social media, email, web, print, signage, swag and more.
- Drive print-heavy campaigns for two major annual galas, owning look and feel for invitations and managing the print production process and integration of look through digital assets that support the events.
- Play key role in vision and maintenance for Columbia College Alumni Association websites, regularly reviewing and updating multiple sites and elevating their roles in integrated marketing strategies. Partner closely with internal clients and marketing team to develop and implement enhancements that will expand the web properties as a more active channel for users to visit and transact with.
- Collaborate with content marketing manager to coordinate and execute necessary web strategies, as related to program strategies and overall vision for CCAA. This includes visual updates, necessary content updates and upholding quality and brand throughout the experience.
- Using insights and data, support assessment of web effectiveness and role across key organizational priorities and within overall campaign strategies. Develop recommendations and help drive implementation of design work or updates to architecture, navigation and content, where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent required.
- A minimum of three to five years professional experience in a marketing design role with demonstrated experience and expertise in creative multimedia design, linked to branding strategies.
- Experience working on web properties and strategy.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Dreamweaver is required.
**Applications received without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.**
Familiarity with Columbia College and University, as an alumnus or through other relationship, is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.