Associate Director, Email Marketing
- Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing in the office of Columbia College Alumni Relations and Communications, the Associate Director of Marketing will be an integral member of the Marketing team who supports marketing strategies that inspire and engage with alumni through the programs, events and service opportunities available through the Columbia College Alumni Association and that strengthen community connections with Columbia College. This individual will support marketing priorities by managing comprehensive email campaign strategies and execution through Salesforce, thinking through marketing objectives and user journey, including integration of email with other channels. This individual will collaborate closely with fellow Marketing teammates and internal clients on content, design and strategy. Key partners include the College Alumni Relations, Events & Programs, CC Communications, and Fundraising teams along with several University partner teams across campus.
- Work with Senior Director of Alumni Marketing and client partners to support key initiatives, through email campaign planning, strategy and implementation.
- Work closely with partners and Senior Director to define campaign objectives and best approaches to meet marketing and client targets, thinking through messaging hierarchy, sequencing and frequency, segmentation, personalization and visual design.
- Help lead development of marketing plans for key initiatives, contributing to campaign strategy, design of channel mix and user journey, and execution timelines.
- Execute creation and deployment of emails through Salesforce system and applications, acting as system expert.
- Review metrics for each campaign push, updating dashboards, synthesizing key insights and recommendations to enhance future initiatives. Report on concluded campaigns, presenting results and learnings to key partners to refine work going forward.
- Manage project timelines, budget, approval process and final execution, with input and buy-in from appropriate partners.
- Support and implement enhancements that improve the marketing efficacy, customer experience and overall brand experience, driving towards enhanced outcomes.
- Partner closely with Senior Director to build a robust test and learn strategy that incorporates segmentation, personalization, a/b testing, trigger messaging, dynamic design, variable content, user journeys and more.
- Optimize use of systems, technology and other tools, including Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Litmus, to increase personalization, automation, and data collection of marketing campaigns to analyze macro trends that may shape overall marketing priorities.
- Manage Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform, maintaining email templates, lists, files, and data in an efficient and active manner.
- Monitor industry trends, technical advancements and additional tools, documenting their possible value to Columbia College Alumni Relations and Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent required. A minimum of three to five years professional experience in a marketing or communications role with demonstrated experience and expertise in copywriting, email creation and deployment through a CRM, web and graphic design experience.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Dreamweaver is required.
**Applications received without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.**
Familiarity with Columbia College and University, as an alumnus or through other relationship, is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.