Random House Children’s Books is looking for an Associate Digital Marketing Manager to join the Digital Marketing team to support the team’s goals of developing and executing digital and social media campaign strategies for trade title campaigns for Board Book, Picture Book and Middle Grade titles. This is an exciting opportunity for a marketer with digital and social media skills to work within the world's largest children’s book publishing company.
This position will report directly to the Senior Director, Digital Marketing and work closely with our Trade Marketing team as well as the Design, Editorial and Publicity teams across the Children’s Division. The position will support marketing strategy by developing and executing creative, exciting and successful social media and digital campaigns targeted at parents for trade titles, as well as our consumer-facing corporate social media channels and online communities.
What you'll do:
* Collaborate with the digital and trade marketing teams to research and develop social media and digital best practices for books and authors and educate cross functionally
* Work with our developer to create promotional websites, video trailers, sweepstakes and digital programs to support publicity and marketing campaigns for titles and trade programs, as well as our own division’s brand
* Work closely with website developers, producers, agents and authors to execute digital marketing campaigns and online promotions
* Organize and develop creative social media editorial calendars for content that will be published across various corporate and title social platforms
* Execute the publishing of social editorial calendars; schedule content and posts
* Ideate, develop and execute digital marketing plans for titles, series and franchises
* Collaborate with the publicity team on author social media best practices and event promotion
* Track, analyze and report on the success of social media marketing campaigns and programs and how these correlate to awareness and book sales
* Maintain awareness of social media marketing techniques being used by other channels, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop new techniques to share with the team
* Advanced understanding of social media analytics and listening
* Stay abreast of social media and digital trends
* Manage a budget
Who you are:
* Passionate about social media and are knowledgeable about the features and functionalities of emerging platforms as well as more traditional outlets
* Comfortable taking ownership of your work
* A team player with great communication skills
* You have an eye for detail and recognize good aesthetics
* You are passionate about user experiences
* Interdisciplinary approach to problem solving
* Ability to transition between the creative and analytical sides of marketing
* Strong creative vision for social content creation and ideation that will resonate with our readers and followersPenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.