Social Media Editor - Muscle and Fitness
- Full Time
The social media editor will be responsible for writing social media posts on a daily basis and analyzing metrics for our main accounts, including Muscle & Fitness, FLEX, and Muscle & Fitness Hers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Oversee all aspects of our social media presence and strategy.
- Daily management of social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), with a focus on building quality audiences across platforms.
- Collaborate with our video team on proper YouTube copy, tags, and headlines.
- Work with editors to develop ideas for social-first content (Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, etc.)
- Monitor audience engagement and use data to help editors make informed decisions about what our readers are looking for.
- Monitor social media and YouTube trends and remain informed about changes in algorithms that impact how we can best reach our audience.
- Develop and manage social media calendars.
- Conceptualize and execute cross-platform campaigns to draw attention to tentpole feature packages.
- Work with editors and writers to create shareable, viral content to get our outlet’s name into a more mainstream culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with social media in a professional setting, preferably at a media company.
- The ability to write clean, concise copy in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep knowledge of social media trends and overall best practices.
- An understanding of our brands and interests of our typical reader.
- Familiarity with the magazine industry and specifically with our competitors, both online and in print.
- The ability to communicate clearly with a large staff and to interface with brand representatives when necessary.
- Superior organizational skills
Please send resume with salary requirements when responding to this job post
Apply for Social Media Editor - Muscle and Fitness
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly