Associate Graphic Designer
- Full Time
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), founded in 1908, is a professional association of more than 60,000 chemical engineers worldwide. AIChE fosters and disseminates chemical engineering knowledge, supports the professional and personal growth of its members, and applies the expertise of its members to address societal needs and improve the quality of life.
The AIChE Marketing team is responsible for the discovery, design, development and delivery of AIChE’s marketing initiatives, working closely with cross-functional groups within AIChE. In our search for our Associate Graphic Designer, we are seeking an individual with passion, creativity, and a broad range of design expertise, to be a part of AIChE’s Marketing team. In this position, you will help bring the Institute’s marketing materials to life in a manner that engages the reader/viewer and generates the desired response. The Associate Graphic Designer works in all the media AIChE utilizes and may use including print and digital. Assignments are expected to span the range of AIChE products and services including all major sub-brands. Illustration and photo manipulation/retouching may be employed in the course of a typical assignment.
· Execute design projects as assigned by Manager, Graphic Design
· Consult with the Marketing Leads and business owners to understand creative needs
· Offer guidance as to appropriate formats, layouts and typography as appropriate
· Develop layouts that are in brand with AIChE standards
· Identify appropriate imagery from available sources, e.g., stock photography libraries, royalty-free suppliers, AIChE photo library
· Create illustrations or photo montages as needed using standard software packages
· Render final, production-ready files in appropriate formats, i.e., print-ready pdf, HTML, etc.
· In depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience with HTML, CSS and Wordpress
· Maintain standards that improve efficiency and creativity
· Maintain a strong working knowledge of all software at AIChE
· Learn new software programs as required
· Other duties may be assigned as necessary
· BS, BA, or BFA in advertising, marketing, graphic design preferred
· 2+ years design experience, preferably with a direct mail, advertising, marketing, or in a corporate communications department
· Understanding of and ability to deliver output suitable to production requirements for short-run printing, offset printing, direct mail, email and digital media
· Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Outlook
· Excellent command of Adobe Creative Suite 2017, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
· Responsive design and after effects knowledge a plus
· Strong communication and project management skills; client focused
· Ability to work in team environment
· Must be deadline driven; strong attention to details a must
Interested candidates may email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Institute of Chemical Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.