Entrepreneurs Reporter, CNBC Make It
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented reporter to develop its Success and entrepreneurship coverage under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about success, work, money and life.
This reporter will be responsible for pitching and creating engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Specific Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Generating story ideas, reporting, writing, and creating digital content around success and entrepreneurship
• Collaborating with the digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos
• Helping grow the Make It brand and cultivating an engaged audience
• Contributing to multi-platform news coverage when needed
• Using social media to distribute and promote content
• Previous experience as a writer and/or reporter, including the ability to perform and multi-task under pressure
• Previous experience or demonstrated interest in the entrepreneurs and small business beat
• Highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, outstanding communication and coordination skills.
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.