Social News Associate Producer, CNBC
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
CNBC is looking for a strong, creative writer who's obsessed with news to join its editorial social team. The ideal candidate will love the excitement of working in a fast-moving newsroom, and will be able to multitask and quickly deliver clean, accurate information.
As part of digital's growing Audience Growth Team, this producer will sync with the digital and TV newsrooms to publish stories and videos. They will also have the opportunity to work on special projects and events. Graphics production and light video editing will be a big part of this gig, so familiarity with Adobe's Creative Suite is key.
Responsibilities of the Social News Producer may include, but are not limited toWorking with Senior Social Media Editors to deliver news across all CNBC's social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and TwitterWorking with editors and reporters in digital and TV newsrooms, as well as collaborating with edit team at Make It, CNBC's sister siteCreating highly shareable multimedia stories to grow audience engagement
• Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro
• Strong news judgment and a good sense of the topics that will resonate with our audience and best showcase the CNBC brand
• PLEASE NOTE: This is a short-term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Experience working in a newsroom or for a company with a focus on news and storytelling
• Desire to work on a creative, demanding and data-driven team
• Must be collaborative and a great communicator
• Obsessed with social platforms and innovative ways of digital storytelling
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.