Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Drive, develop and enhance our SEO strategy for NBC News Digital propertiesDevelop and maintain a world-class SEO analytics stack (rank tracking, crawl reports and competitive research)Responsible for developing and managing technical SEO projects; produce technical audits and execute on-page optimizations as neededConstantly track, analyze and report on overall SEO success with regards to traffic, rankings, content, backlinks and business performanceConduct SEO trainings for the digital organizationDay-to-day execution of organic search campaign projects like keyword research, competitive research, content optimization, outreach strategy and site architecture improvementsCollaborate with editorial team to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms and eventsKeep abreast of the latest industry developments and news for SEO
Manager, Audience Development (SEO)
This position will support audience development initiatives for the NBC News Digital Group (specifically NBC News, TODAY and MSNBC). This role will collaborate with editorial, product and tech teams across the brands to ensure best practices for SEO.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• 5+ year(s) of proven SEO experience
• Proven experience implementing major improvements in organic search performance
• Extensive knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
• Self-starter who can develop and execute strategy and action plans
• Ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with Google Trends, Google Webmaster Tools, Brightedge, Microsoft Excel and Dropbox
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions to research challenges
• Strong organization, project management and time management skills as well as the ability to multitask
• Team player with a strong work ethic and a great sense of humor
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.