Assistant Marketing Manager
- Full Time
Education changes lives forever. It broadens horizons, breaks down barriers, and fires imaginations. Like the University of Oxford of which we are a part, we are committed to uncompromising standards, freedom of expression, and the enrichment of lives through education. This is our motivation, our purpose, and our mission. It is why 100% of the money we make is reinvested into education and research. It is why all 6,000 of us in 52 countries care deeply about reaching more people, in more places, with world-class learning and research materials and services.
The Assistant Marketing Manager coordinates and delivers content initiatives across digital channels to drive leads, engagement, sales/usage and customer retention in line with the overarching content marketing strategy for the Academic Division. Operating as part of a center of excellence, it collaborates extensively with the wider marketing group providing best practice guidance and ensuring adherence to guidelines and brand consistency as well as suggesting campaign improvements and working practice efficiencies. Flexibility, strong communication skills, inventive marketing ideas, organization and attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize are all critical qualities for success.
- Manages and co-ordinates email and website content plans to drive website visits, increase engagement and usage, and support direct sales growth and ensures all elements are completed and executed to a high level of accuracy and in a timely manner
- Responsible for the campaign planning and web and email execution of a set of subject areas
- Develops strong working relationships with the wider marketing group, product marketing in particular; understands each area’s unique needs, customers, and strategic goals and leverages their market- and product- specific knowledge to continually improve each content and promotion mix to drive increases in revenue
- Manages the campaign planning process, and recommends campaign adjustments, new campaigns, merchandising, and innovative testing to increase marketing results
- Takes overall responsibility for the group’s email scheduling, including quality assurance and proofreading
- Provides regular monthly reports and analyzes website and email performance to ensure the web and email programs are continually increasing their overall performance and effectiveness
- Manages the planning and execution of content plans for the website homepage, discipline gateways, and resource centers, including maintenance of content and promotions calendar
- Runs planning sessions with product marketing to ensure plans are as effective as possible, current, and actionable, and aligned with strategic overall goals
- Works with the wider marketing group to share website and email marketing best practices and making improvement recommendations
- Collaborates with the wider marketing group to ensure that content development and promotion initiatives align to core strategic goals and are consistently on brand and message
- Develops appropriate campaign creative, either with freelance support or using Adobe Photoshop
- Provides coaching, support, and training to other team members to ensure knowledge is widely shared and the group operates as effectively as possible
- Delegates work to more junior team members and ensure they are supported in this work, in order that the team functions efficiently
- Participates on the team and wider group initiatives as a representative of the online marketing group
- Conducts marketing activities within agreed spending limits and flags potential overspends, in order that budgets are adhered to
- A BA or BS required; 2-3 years of work experience is preferable, including proven web, email, and/or direct marketing experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; attention to detail; and the ability to juggle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines are all crucial.
- Proficiency with HTML is highly preferable, as is experience with Photoshop. Typical Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Project, etc.) are required.
- Fundamental knowledge of publishing is beneficial.
GJC Level: I4 (internal purposes only)
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.