- Full Time
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Marketing Director, Foreign Affairs and is assigned to help with the work of launching and tracking marketing campaigns and improving customer experience across the Foreign Affairs brand.
The position is excellent for a candidate with marketing, writing and analytical skills who is interested in hands-on experience at a multimedia publication that includes print, digital, and events departments. The ideal candidate also has some experience with or interest in the field of international relations.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Working with the marketing team to plan and implement digital marketing campaigns across email, the Foreign Affairs website and paid media
- Creating and analyzing detailed campaign performance reports
- Serving as the primary copywriter for the marketing team and working with the Marketing Director on developing the Foreign Affairs brand voice
- Working with the Marketing Director, the web team, and the fulfillment house to improve the clarity and consistency of customer messaging across email, print mail, ForeignAffairs.com, and the online customer care portal
- Being the point person for in-house customer service needs, including issues escalated from the call center. (The bulk of day-to-day Foreign Affairs customer service is handled externally by our fulfillment house.)
- Using customer service data to identify and implement customer experience improvements
- Working on a cross-functional marketing team to occasionally cover other duties as needed, such as acting as a department backup for team tasks like email newsletter staging and deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (writing, marketing, psychology) with high academic achievement
- 3 years of related work experience; including experience writing marketing copy
- Very strong writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Able to handle high end customer care with a kind, professional demeanor
- Results-oriented self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Project management experience and experience or interest in International Relations and Foreign Policy, preferred
Founded in 1921, the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) is a leading nonprofit membership organization, research center, and publisher, with headquarters in New York, an office in Washington, DC, and programs nationwide. It is dedicated to increasing America's understanding of the world and contributing ideas to U.S. foreign policy. CFR's 5,000+ members are leaders in international affairs and foreign policy. CFR also publishes Foreign Affairs, the preeminent magazine on global issues, and provides up-to-date information about the world and U.S. foreign policy on its award-winning website, CFR.org.
Founded in 1922, Foreign Affairs is published by the Council on Foreign Relations, which is a leading independent, national membership organization and nonpartisan center for scholars dedicated to producing and disseminating foreign policy ideas. Foreign Affairs publishes insightful commentary on global politics, diplomacy, and economics from experts with a wide range of views.
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
The Council on Foreign Relations is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.