Account Coordinator – Public Relations & Social Media
- Full Time
Our mid-sized, Houston-based boutique PR firm is looking for an account coordinator who has at least one year of public relations experience at either an agency or in-house PR department. The account coordinator will support Carbonara Group clients and account teams through public relations and social media activities that help us exceed clients’ expectations and support their strategic communications and business goals. The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter and subject matter chameleon who thrives in a team environment, loves variety, can manage the details, delivers excellent service and multitasks fluidly. This professional demonstrates excellent writing skills and a strong command of media relations and social media, including social media analytics. The ideal candidate is also a stellar interpersonal communicator with a professional presentation and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a business setting.
Our award-winning firm works with leading brands and regularly secures high-profile local, regional and national media stories in major outlets. We also utilize strategic social media and digital campaigns to expand our clients reach, deliver messages effectively and reinforce brand positioning. Our teamwork culture thrives on creativity and collaboration. Our goal is for this account coordinator to develop the skills needed for an ever-expanding role with our agency.
Candidates should be prepared to provide current writing samples, social media examples and an earned media coverage.
Summary of Job Functions:
- Support account executives on specific client tasks and ongoing account management
- Write media materials and assist with coordinating media interviews
- Write social media content and manage monthly editorial calendars
- Capture and post social media content during live events
- Onsite event management
- Develop media story ideas
- Create graphics (using Canva or similar application)
- Produce multimedia content (using smartphones, software, etc.)
- Stay abreast of industry trends
- Conduct research assignments
- Track and capture media coverage and social media analytics
- Additional account management activities
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, new media, journalism, marketing or related communications field
- 1+ years of experience working in public relations at an agency or institution
- Proficient in AP Style
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Preferred technical competencies: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, Canva*, Animoto*, Photoshop* and Hootsuite*. (* or similar application)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Strong writing, editing and research capabilities
- Demonstrated capacity to continuously develop knowledge and skills related to the fields of public relations and marketing
- Maintains a professional appearance and manner at all times while at work
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Account Coordinator” in the subject line.