Director, Marketing & Brand Strategy
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Be an authority on assigned shows/brands and serve as the central hub of informationKnow storylines, casting, key production info, scheduling, etc. Monitor performance/health of the show, research, ratings, press, insights, social commentary, digital platform viewing and metrics. Share info and as necessary guide/adjust the plans based on the findingsLiaison with Programming, studios, publicity, production companies and other external entities that manage the show.Monitor viewership trends, the competitive landscape, marketing trends, social trends and consumer behaviors. Apply these insights to the development of cross-platform and digital marketing campaigns. Integrate (and co-initiate with research where appropriate) primary and secondary research with the goal of deeper understanding of consumer target motivations and characteristics.Brief, guide and manage agencies of record in the development of situation analyses, initial positioning and marketing strategies, launch briefs, audience targeting, promotions, programs and partnerships, etc.Collaborate with the senior and cross-functional teams to further enhance and finalize cross-discipline strategic approach: including launch briefs and audience targetingSupervise and teach a team of Brand Marketing Managers in the development of marketing strategies and plans, promotions, symphony initiatives, and digital marketing campaigns to drive viewership, increase traffic and maximize the relationship with our viewers across multiple touch points. Track status and progress of plans and/or campaigns, including monitoring timelines and calendars and encouraging everyone towards the agreed upon goals.When vertically targeted marketing initiatives are strategically identified as a need for a show (e.g. AA, Hispanic, LGBT, Faith Based, etc) work with the research team and/or outside agencies to identify the passion groups and the strategies to reach them and collaborate with other marketing departments on the outreach campaigns/plans.Serve as the lead brand contact with other internal NBC Entertainment departments (e.g. Publicity, Sales/Creative Partnerships, Programming and Consumer Products) and external partners and help integrate and coordinate plans.Participate in the development and execution of digital marketing initiatives for priority shows on all platforms. Develop RFPs and review outside agencies for campaign ideation, development and execution as necessary. Initiate campaign co-marketing opportunities with leaders in the digital space, and work with internal departments to optimize and amplify cross-platform ideas.Participate in weekly/daily creative meetings to stay up to speed with planned and developing creative content (print, digital, video), ensuring it aligns with the relevant strategies and targets. Know all of the content being created in all departments and create and monitor the strategic roll out there-of. Represent the strategic voice in the in the cross-departmental marketing plan development process. Stay in sync with sister marketing departments including Media (Off-Air and On-Air), Video Creative, Social Media, Digital Creative, Promotions & Partnerships and Affiliate Marketing to understand and support their plans and leverage them across departments and platforms if applicableSupport the VP of Brand Marketing & Promotions in special projects and NBCU and Network Marketing and Brand initiatives as needed.
Responsible for the planning, development, execution and coordination of marketing campaigns and activities to build and sustain NBC Entertainment show brands throughout their multi-platform lifecycle.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years of marketing and/or advertising experience, preferably at an agency or television environment
• Interested candidates must submit a resume for this job online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Marketing experience in entertainment/media strongly preferred
• Experience in online, digital or social media marketing preferred
• Strategic and creative thinker who is a self-starter, flexible and can function in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate with technical and creative development team members.
• Proactive planning and solid project management skills
• Thorough understanding of current and emerging digital platforms
• Strong attention to detail in an environment that requires extensive multi-tasking and multiple deadlines
• Ability to effectively manage, stimulate and encourage professional growth among managerial staff.
• Management of cross-functional relationships and collaboration in a creative, team-oriented environment
• Familiarity and ability to apply relevant consumer research, Nielsen data, etc.
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.