- Full Time
amNewYork is seeking a general assignment reporter to cover all things New York City, from breaking news to lifestyle events and more. Candidates must have demonstrated ability to break news, file quickly and accurately for all our platforms, meet tight deadlines, juggle more than one story at a time, cultivate sources, understand the importance of data-driven reporting and produce high-profile enterprise stories.
The ideal candidates are self-starters who can bring a creative approach to covering the news and are comfortable using social media and smartphone photo and video to report and tell stories. An ability to write in an engaging manner is essential, as is a love for the city and all it has to offer.
- Ability to find fresh story angles and write concise, lively copy in keeping with amNewYork's tone and format. Experience covering breaking news on deadline is a plus.
- Be proficient shooting iPhone photos and videos.
- Have strong organization and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task while working on multiple assignments. Details are a crucial part of the job.
- Be flexible with scheduling and comfortable with a Sunday-Thursday shift.
- Work well as a member of a team.
- This job requires a Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent and at least 3-5 years of experience at a New York City-based publication that covers local news.
- Please send a cover letter, resume and 5 samples of your work.
amNew York is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.