Senior Inbound Marketing Strategist
- Full Time
The following requirements are must-haves for this position:
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot and Salesforce required—you are an expert user that uses them in your day to day
- Track record of building multi-channel campaigns that yield substantial results; expect to share details about the campaigns
- 7+ years experience building comprehensive multi-channel and multi-layer digital and content marketing campaigns
Do you want a digital marketing opportunity where you can work with smart marketers like yourself and rock inbound marketing efforts for key strategic accounts? Do you have experience with inbound marketing or content marketing programs and included them in multi-channel marketing programs? If so, you should consider becoming one of our Senior Inbound Marketing Strategists.
We’re building a different kind of work environment at SmartBug Media™—one where you can deliver great results, have a great time with people you respect, and still embrace the things that matter in life.
This is a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done senior-level marketing consulting position.
As a Marketing Strategist, Strategic Accounts at SmartBug Media™, you will be responsible for the strategy, execution, growth and goal achievement of one or more of SmartBug’s most strategic accounts.
You will be the face of SmartBug Media™ and will manage a small team of marketing consultants as well as lead a cross-functional lead of specialist who will help execution your marketing plans. You will lead client communication and take the lead in proposing programs in inbound marketing, digital marketing, marketing automation, paid media, sales enablement, conversion rate optimization, SEO, web development, social media and offline channels as may be required from account to account.
You will become an expert in each client’s business and the KPIs that drive their success. This means will own their analytics, reporting, and optimizing/iterating each client’s marketing strategy in order to successful meet the client’s goals.
We know your leadership, the quality of your team’s work, and your clients’ results what generate increased trust, responsibility, and additional business opportunities for SmartBug™. That's why our Senior Marketing Strategists are incentivized for account growth. That doesn't make this a sales position. It's not. But it means that you get to participate in the success and financial growth of your accounts.
- Own the strategy, execution, goal achievement for a core set of SmartBug’s strategic accounts
- Work with your team of consultants, copywriters, designers, and developers to deliver on that strategy and vision.
- Create new clients’ inbound marketing playbooks and gap analyses based on client and customer interviews, research, and collaboration with our team. You may also create playbooks for other strategic initiatives for clients, such as sales enablement, as needed.
- Represent the SmartBug™ brand with your clients—you are the extension of their team and will be expected to know their businesses as well as they do.
- Assist and empower clients with the results, knowledge, content, and tools to not only get their buy-in, but to also evangelize their success through their organization.
- Demonstrate your expertise in inbound marketing and sales tactics including blogging, social media marketing, search engine optimization, e-book/white paper/video content creation, website updates, email marketing, and others.
- Recommend channels outside of inbound marketing where appropriate, create plans, manage their execution as part of an integration marketing plan.
- Use your experience as a HubSpot and Salesforce expert to craft strategies that generate real results; educate your team and clients as required.
- Execute your clients’ marketing plans proactively in order to meet schedule, performance, and budget goals.
- Take the lead in creating monthly performance reports and quarterly business reviews to highlight wins, areas in need of improvement, and recommendations for future programs.
- Stay informed about marketing industry developments and utilize these developments to your clients’ benefit.
- Become the resident expert on your clients’ industries and marketing.
- Contribute to client and internal content development.
- Practice your craft by contributing to SmartBug Media’s blog and social media presence.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Have fun and make some great friends!
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
- 7+ years experience building comprehensive digital and traditional marketing campaigns
- 7+ years experience with online marketing, sales, and social media
- 2+ years of agency or client services experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and create campaigns based on customer requirements and work collaboratively with the SmartBug™ team to strategize and execute
- Passion for the internet and marketing with a strong understanding of inbound marketing and sales enablement
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and independent management skills
- Able to find and integrate market and customer data into marketing strategies
- Proven relationship-building skills and client communication experience
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Desire to learn on your own and keep up with inbound marketing and internet marketing developments and best practices
- Great writing skills and strong understanding of how to write SEO-friendly content
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite (G Suite)
- Proficiency in blogging platforms such as a WordPress
- Experience with HubSpot
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience working remotely in similar roles strongly preferred
- Phone screen
- Video call with hiring team
- Semifinal video interview with VP of Client Services
- Reference checking
- Final video interview with SmartBug’s CEO
Our Extensive Employee Benefits Program Includes:
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugapalooza
- Training budget
- Flexibility of working remote
About SmartBug Media™
SmartBug Media™ is a globally recognized Intelligent Inbound™ marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We are a 60+ person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do great work from anywhere.