Senior Editor, Employee Benefits Group
- Full Time
Employee Benefit News and Employee Benefit Adviser seeks a Senior Editor to help lead our efforts to create content focused on analysis, research and enterprise. The brands, part of SourceMedia’s Employee Benefits Group, will addan experienced digital journalist to propel our award-winning coverage of workplace and healthcare trends and news to inform our audience of HR executives, benefits professionals and employee benefit brokers and consultants. SourceMedia (which includes Financial Planning, American Banker, The Bond Buyer and other leading brands) is a dynamic, growing company that prides itself on industry expertise and innovative storytelling.
- Edit and write content with an emphasis on analysis, enterprise and investigative journalism.
- Use data and research to create and enhance content.
- Propose and create multimedia projects, including long-form digital stories, videos, podcasts and webinars.
- Bolster our efforts to increase reader engagement through SEO, social media and other digital platforms.
- Support and grow existing franchises, including conferences such as Benefits Forum & Expo, Workplace Benefits Renaissance and Workplace Benefits Mania, as well as research initiatives including the Open Enrollment Readiness Benchmark. Help create new franchises.
- Digital journalist with solid credentials and experience editing and reporting on workplace and healthcare trends on topics such as reducing healthcare costs, developing voluntary benefits packages, improving retirement planning and related topics.
- Knowledge of top workplace trends, regulatory compliance issues and benefit issues and innovations such as paid family leave and benefits technology.
- Experience using SEO and other digital platforms to boost reader engagement.
- Fluency in social media, with an emphasis on engagement strategies for LinkedIn, Twitter and other platforms
- Solid skills in shaping coverage, recasting stories and helping train new team members.
- Strong ability to collaborate with team members and multiple departments.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our extensive offerings include medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership.
For consideration, please send your cover letter, resume, clips and salary requirements.
SourceMedia complies with all federal, state, and local laws that prohibit discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest records, unemployment status or any other protected category.