Content Editor: New York
- Full Time
CONTENT EDITOR: NEW YORK
We are seeking a Content Editor, with an interest in geopolitics and macro economics, to manage editorial requirements and final presentation of written material, and to assist in co-ordinating our firm- wide content. This role will be responsible for ensuring the content of all written client deliverables is edited to present the core judgments of the firm accurately and succinctly, in a way that is tailored to specific clients (in the corporate, financial and sovereign sectors) and is presented in a high quality, consistent, creative and authoritative manner.
The Content Editor will be based in New York and will work closely with the firm’s partners, director group, senior advisors and members of our full-time team.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record of ensuring written material — based on information drawn from a wide range of sources — is presented and communicated to clients in a concise and professional format. The successful candidate will have experience in copyediting, formatting and preparing information for senior executives and informed readers, and of working with subject area specialists and external contributors.
- Drafting original content on political and macro economic topics/themes based on a range of written inputs:
- Editing contributor content for consistent MAP tone and style:
- Critiquing and fact-checking contributor content;
- Working with partners and senior contributors to co-ordinate topical/thematic coverage;
- Understanding, capturing and communicating the firm’s views on key judgments across partner and contributor input;
- Acting as a writing/editing quality control function for the full range of firm-wide written deliverables;
- Thinking creatively about how to complement MAP’s written analysis with graphs/data/infographics;
- Ensuring written content meets MAP’s established style and branding guide.
- Excellent writing and editing capabilities;
- Experience in an editorial/co-ordination of briefing capacity;
- Experience and interest in geopolitics and economics;
- Experience of applying analysis/assessment to factual information;
- A track record of collating and co-ordinating information from a range of sources, including open source and proprietary information;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining rigorous standards;
- Meticulous attention to detail under time pressure;
- IT skills in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint, particularly on the presentation of material.