Learning Solutions Director
- Full Time
The Director of Learning Solutions is primarily responsible for delivering instruction of Cox Automotive University’s retail operations educational programs to dealership personnel and OEM and allied industry dealer contact personnel. The role will also actively provide subject-matter-expertise in the development and enhancement of curriculum. This will include leveraging deep knowledge of retail automotive operations and the target audience to ensure integration of best practices and insights and creation of exercises and engagement that will optimize dealership performance through learning and practical application. Through successful program execution, this role serves to build CAI brand/product awareness, generate revenue from delivery of education programs and develop referrals for additional Cox Automotive and Cox Automotive University business opportunities.
The Director will have a deep operational understanding of retail automotive dealerships including the financial statement, fixed operations, variable operations, F&I, and digital marketing/retailing. The Director must have experience in adult-learning methodologies and teaching with multiple supporting resources, e.g. facilitator and participant guides, job aids, audience response systems, and videos for audience sizes ranging from 30 to 100+ people.
- Deliver instruction/facilitation of Cox Automotive University retail operations education programs, including classroom, virtual, and workshop sessions. Apply instructional design and delivery methodologies to maximize adult learning and practical application. Support achievement of annual revenue target from Cox Automotive University training programs delivered to OEMs, allied industry companies, and dealer groups. Deliver retail operations educational offerings to a standard that are recognized by participant feedback evaluation as above average in all areas scored. 70%
- Provide subject-matter-expertise as a key component in developing and enhancing core/specialty curriculum and evaluations to increase the inventory of "shelf content" that is available to be sold; utilizing available delivery options of instructor-led classroom courses, virtual interactive courses, webinars, performance groups, or blended solutions. 10%
- Contribute to collection and curation of industry best practices/processes, updates to KPIs/benchmarks, and performance assessment resources to support client awareness and evaluation of improvement opportunities. 5%
- Collaborate with all Cox Automotive product training SMEs, instructional designers, and strategic partners in the development and implementation of customized programs and new business models for training and consulting. 5%
- Develop strong professional relationships with OEMs, allied industry companies, and dealer groups to understand their business needs and translate that into opportunities for Cox Automotive University and Cox Automotive products. Grow and maintain positive training relationships with internal Cox Automotive departments, external clients and strategic partners. 5%
- Maintain knowledge of Cox Automotive product offerings to effectively cross-market and combine resources for overall business development and brand enrichment as well as to represent Cox Automotive at industry events and trade-shows. 5%
- 10+ years’ experience in Automotive industry with relationships, ideally at both OEM and retail dealershihp levels.
- Expertise in retail dealership operations and, as well as, commonly used soft-ware and marketing services.
- Proven success in development and delivery of educational programs for automotive industry audiences
- Outstanding communicator, facilitator, and persuader, (written, verbal, and presentation), as well as, the ability to interact with and support executive‐level communications and interactions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage a group and motivate behavior change.
- Ability to quickly learn Cox Automotive’s business and have a working knowledge of the automotive industry’s typical client structures and programs and product offerings.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills including: creativity, integrity, sound judgment, and flexibility.
- Ability to exemplify Cox Automotive’s culture of teamwork, collaboration, client‐first mindset, and acting boldly to grow our business and the future of the automotive industry.
- Up to 75% travel (occasional weekends) and must be able to secure credentials to travel internationally.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent of 10+ years related automotive subject-matter-expertise and senior leadership experience operating a business with P/L responsibility.
- Expert level of understanding on dealership operations ranging from the financial statement, fixed operations, variable operations, and digital retailing.
- Expert level to apply automotive professional subject-matter-expertise and Cox Automotive University-approved instructional design methodology in preparation and delivery of detailed lesson plans, exercises, pre/post work and tests, and related instructional aides to ensure knowledge and practical application of learning appropriate to the student's job function and learning objectives.
- Expert level of presentation, facilitation, training, and influencing skills.
- Understanding of adult learning principles and methodologies are a strong plus.
- ATD Certifications in design, development or delivery, Kirkpatrick methods of evaluation.
Competencies for Success:
- Collaboration with Instructional Design team, SMEs, and strategic training partners.
- Ability to identify and apply necessary updates to materials, delivery methods, and evaluation tools to support program goals.
- Client-driven, able to interact successfully with all levels of leaders, partners and participants, internally and with clients.
- Demonstrated agility when responding to client needs in a fast-paced, constantly changing, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating multiple business and training events required.
- Demonstrated experience creating and/or improving operational processes required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills fostering effective interaction among a variety of stakeholder groups including dealers and dealership personnel, OEM dealer-contact personnel, and other automotive executives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook), setup and operation of relevant audio-visual equipment, and have an aptitude for learning and applying new technologies and instruction techniques.
- Cox Automotive internal dealer-facing employees and external OEM HQ/field personnel, dealership management teams, allied industry training participants, and client stakeholders. As requested, participate in client and strategic partner meetings, represent Cox Automotive at industry events, and collaborate with client-based instructional design teams.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.