Associate Producer, Early TODAY
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Writing storiesResearching storiesGathering elementsViewing all video before writingExplaining edit instructions in detail on scriptPitching story ideas (day-of, next day, futures)Working directly with graphics department to create show graphics
This role is for an Associate Producer position on the MSNBC Early Today team responsible for assisting with various projects. This position is a segment producer in training.
Main responsibilities which include, but not limited to:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 2 years’ production experience
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to work overnights.
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Ability to enterprise, research, and plan stories
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, history
• Up to date on periodicals
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.