NBC Sports Washington is looking for an Orioles/Ravens reporter to lead coverage of the teams for the station’s digital and linear platforms. The successful candidate will be comfortable producing content across all of NBC Sports Washington’s platforms, a creative storyteller and be proficient in finding stories inside and outside of the scrum and/or locker room. PLEASE NOTE: This is a contract position
. Basic Qualifications:
- 2 years minimum experience covering a college or professional team
- Strong news judgment and writing ability
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- A compelling personality on linear platforms
- Strong knowledge of the Ravens, Orioles, NFL and MLB
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong PC skills
- Effective organizational office management skills
- Ability to handle demands and work in a high paced environment
- Excellent personal and communications skills
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities a must
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Sports & Olympics
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.