Earned Media Relations Specialist
- Full Time
Overview of role:
We are looking for a Media Relations Specialist to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious PR professional to join a small but hard-working team in a midtown Manhattan office.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in pitching consumer, trade, and business media (TV, print, radio, online) and strong relationships with earned media (including in top DMAs), as well as a proven track record of generating quality placements, facilitating desksides and client interviews, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
To be successful in this role you are highly organized, have a proactive attitude with lots of initiative and have the ability to manage your workload effectively across a variety of client accounts. You must have a thorough understanding of the B2B and B2C media landscape and 2-3 years of experience in the communications/public relations industry.
- Maintaining an understanding of evolving earned media landscape and client industries, including digital applications and social media
- Plan, develop, and pitch client news and ongoing commentary, securing coverage in local, national and trade media outlets by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with media
- Executing integrated communications campaigns
- Securing speaking opportunities and awards for senior executives
- Contributing to the creation of communications plans that meet client objectives
- Generating new ideas and opportunities to ensure client program success
- 2-3 years experience in an agency or PR setting
- Proven track record of client placements
- Strong media relations skills and client interactions
- Strong pitch writing skills
- Strong research skills
- Strategic thinking
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to contribute to strategic thinking and the development and execution of PR programs
- Experience working with clients in the technology, marketing, ad tech industries is a plus.
About Relativity Ventures
Started in 2014, we are a small and agile team. We are looking for people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that creates campaigns that deliver on their promise. Much of our work is grounded in digital media and media relations. It is at the heart of everything we do.