Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
We're seeking a dynamic, creative Marketing Manager with experience in digital campaigns and social media to help drive acquisition marketing efforts for our global team. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a background in academic publishing and an aptitude for running successful multi-tactic marketing campaigns.
Reporting to the Marketing Director of Clinical Medicine, the Marketing Manager will be part of a global team and will be responsible for promoting a portfolio of respected subscription and open access journals as well as books. You will work closely with various Springer Nature departments including other marketing teams, editorial/publishing, marketing services, metadata management and market intelligence to coordinate the execution of a range of tactics with a strong focus on digital campaigns.
- With guidance from the Marketing Director, create, plan, and implement multi-tactic marketing campaigns within the assigned portfolio and within the team as a whole to increase product awareness, usage, and new content submissions
- Become educated about, and keep abreast of, global initiatives in publishing
- Track and analyze marketing efforts to assess effectiveness; report on activity results
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with editorial teams to identify promotional opportunities
- Monitor expenses and ensure adherence to budget
- Help coordinate exhibits at select conferences worldwide
- Manage or support special campaigns for team and larger marketing group
- Analyze markets, market segments and competitor activities to increase the effectiveness and ROI of own marketing activities
- Proactively and independently create new campaigns and see them through to the end
- Proactively provide management with updates on marketing activities, ROI and budget
- Execute other special projects and duties as assigned by
- Marketing Director
- Proactively pursue opportunities to drive change that add value to the business
- Form additional working relationships outside own area of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree required with 3-5 years' work experience in marketing
- Demonstrated success in running and measuring digital marketing campaigns, including social media advertising, Google Ads, retargeting platforms and video
- A commitment to developing marketing best practices; analytical mind-set enabling the testing and measuring of different marketing tools
- A broad knowledge of the academic journal and open access environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to self-organize, prioritize, multitask, and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Fluent in spoken and written English
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.