Customer Support Specialist (Temp to Hire) -MyPlate
LIVESTRONG.COM is the definitive source for simple, healthy living. We empower our readers to make life-changing, healthy choices by providing credible and shareable content coupled with helpful apps and an online support community.
Our Webby-Award winning MyPlate App is the fastest and easiest way to lose weight and improve your health! Millions have lost weight with MyPlate — the most user-friendly way to track your food and exercise. MyPlate makes tracking calories and getting the proper nutrition easy.
We are looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our team at our Santa Monica, CA office. This is a temporary position with potential for full-time depending on performance and business need.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Customer Support Specialist grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Community Manager
A typical day as a Customer Support Specialist might include:
- Deliver world class customer service support through our email ticketing and chat system.
- Support customers via our ticketing platform, Zendesk, and answer/respond to up to 120 inquiries daily.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Respond to app store reviews.
- Be the liaison between customers and our in-house product and technology teams by providing user feedback.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Go the extra mile to engage customers.
What You Have:
- 3+ years experience in an ecommerce environment.
- Must have prior Customer Support experience, Zendesk experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and typing skills.
- Advanced mastery of the English language - all of our customer support is handled in the English language.
- Comfortable using technology – chat, email, google documents, Photoshop or equivalent a plus but not required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
- Views problem solving as a stimulating challenge.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- You’re an educated self-starter, and you're able to manage your time effectively and use your best judgment to prioritize the many tasks you’ll be assigned on a daily basis.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.