Location: Washington, D.C., Washington D.C.
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
As an Associate Producer, you will be responsible for working with Correspondents and Producers to help to produce content (live, tape, multimedia) in a competitive time frame for various NBC News platforms. This is a politics and foreign policy-oriented position with travel. Job Duties· Work with Correspondents in the field to prepare live reports · Act as go-to field producer on political and foreign policy coverage in Washington, DC, through the United States and abroad
· File regular reports on politics for NBCNews.com · Cover daily and breaking news and report on events · Assist in a live studio and control room environment · Conduct interviews · Originate story ideas · Coordinate interviews, satellites and other feeds · Conduct background research · Utilize DJ skills to shoot, edit and field produce as required
• Bachelors Degree
• Minimum 2 years experience working in a news operation -at least 1 year of field experience • Must be willing to work in Washington D.C.
• Must be available to evenings, weekends and holidays as required
• Must have demonstrated solid news judgment
• Solid digital shooting, editing and production skills
• Strong knowledge of current events, public policy issues and politics
• Strong writing skills
• Must be able to coordinate interviews, satellite and other feeds • Strong research and organization skills
• Sound editorial judgment
• Experience conducting tape research
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and quickly changing objectives/priorities
• Team player
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent communications skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.