Glossy Sales Representative
- Full Time
Digiday, named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Media Companies is looking for an energetic Sales Representative dedicated to our Glossy and Modern Retail brands to join its fast-growing team in NYC.
In this role, you will build relationships with current and new clients across the retail, fashion and marketing technology sector to grow sponsorship sales for our global industry events, online publications (Glossy & Modern Retail), and content marketing offerings.
This is a great full-time opportunity for someone interested in a fun, fast-paced and challenging sales environment. We will provide you the opportunity to make contributions immediately, while developing the skills and knowledge to be successful in the long-term. Responsibilities include the following and will expand based upon company needs:
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of digital marketing and sales experience at brands, agencies, publishers and/or marketing/ad tech firms
- Experience working with major brands, publishers, agencies and/or tech platforms and their respective agencies preferred.
- Ability to build strong relationships with top marketing decision makers at strategic brands, ad agencies, tech platforms and/or publishers, and who understands how to make and keep clients on the cutting edge.
- Experience with tools like Netsuite to manage client and prospect pipeline.
- A basic understanding of the agency, publisher, ad tech, and mar tech environment as well as the retail and fashion space at large.
- Self-starter who can work in a very fast-moving environment and can work beyond basic goals to achieve strategic objectives.
- Full-time presence at the Digiday NY office.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Working collaboratively across the entire commercial side of the business alongside an ambitious team.
- Managing, maintaining and converting a realistic pipeline of opportunities based on revenue-based and other goals.
- Prospecting potential new advertisers and sponsors to add to current list of clients for Glossy and Modern Retail, but also including Digiday in proposals as needed by the client.
- Developing, selling and managing online programs and other paid branded content placements such as brand article series, videos and various sponsored content tactics in Digiday publications.
- Landing calls and face-to-face meetings with new prospects and current clients.
- Engaged in weekly team meetings and weekly one-on-one meetings with your manager to fine-tune your approach to winning large pieces of business.
- Following your client list through the industry press and social media to stay on top of all activations and opportunities, as well as keep up with the competitive landscape.
- Reporting and fulfillment duties as specified by management, including updating Netsuite for account contact, opportunities and other activity.