Senior PR Manager (NYC or San Fran)
- Full Time
SpotX is looking for a talented and hard-working communications professional with a passion for storytelling. Reporting directly to the Director of Communications, the Senior PR Manager will participate in the daily operations of the PR department including archival of ongoing media coverage, monitoring, media relations, and planning.
This position is perfect for someone who studied marketing, communications, journalism, PR, or a related field in college with 5-7 years of experience in a communications role. Specific knowledge of story development, media relations, monitoring, and measuring performance preferred.
To be considered for the role, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting why you would be great for the job, along with 2 writing samples that you recently published (press release and byline preferred).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drive the company’s thought leadership program in partnership with the Director of Communications
- Leverage case studies and product knowledge to create persuasive award submissions to help SpotX win leading industry awards
- Craft influential bylines/ opinion articles that establish SpotX as a thought leader, and help secure coverage across a variety of different outlets.
- Write and edit press releases, media alerts, and blog posts, and occasional social media copy
- Help maintain the PR calendar, sharing information and scheduling with key stakeholders throughout the company
- Organize and maintain media coverage tracking document on a daily basis
- Compile media lists for all company announcements and maintain master list
- Help develop communications plans for announcements and manage wire services
- Assist with the creation of reports to track SpotX coverage, competitor coverage, and industry news, reporting back to the company about campaigns and success
- Research journalists to develop media briefing docs for all interviews
- Generate PR briefing docs for all partnership announcements
- Update Press Room page on our website daily
- Collaborate with other Marketing Team members around the world to share and curate news for email newsletter inclusion
- Build relationships with key stakeholders throughout the company to maintain a constant influx of possible stories for the media
- Help manage external PR firm as they work on specific initiatives
- Manage media monitoring platform for global Marketing Team
- Collaborate with the Marketing Communications Manager on social media campaigns and internal communications around industry news and press mentions
Other assigned duties can be and are not limited to: proofreading and editing, media research, inter-department coordination, social media, as well as coordination with our partners’ communications teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field
- 5-7 years of real world experience within a marketing or PR role. B2B and/or technology experience preferred.
- Existing relationships with trade, business, tech, and vertical media a plus
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills. Familiarity with AP Style
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, strong organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail
- Must have a real passion/ interest in PR and be analytically-minded and results focused
- Flexible, team-player attitude with a willingness to learn and ability to brainstorm
- Must be able to think creatively, think outside of the box, and juggle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to meet hard deadlines and work well under pressure
- A “can-do” attitude with a collaborative approach to everything
- Working knowledge of TrendKite and Asana a plus