Field Producer, CNBC
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Responsibilities of the Field Producer could include, but are not limited to:
• Work both independently and with reporters/anchors to produce original business news content, primarily for broadcast and additionally for digital and social. Production responsibilities may include research, conducting interviews, writing and editing, field producing and overseeing editing.
• Pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial planning team.
• Establish and maintain relationships with, and be knowledgeable and current on companies in the universe of coverage.
• Communicate clearly with reporter and field production crews to determine best coverage plan and live remote locations. Maintain all video/digital records, feed necessary and relevant video to bureau/headquarters, communicate to editors and/or desk producers how video should be cut/taken to air. Communicate with CNBC Newsdesk editors on available live times, understand and be owner of all live hit requests, disseminate hit times to reporter and on the ground team.
• In the bureau/studio, work with reporter on day-of-air hits. Locate all video needed whether it be in-house archival or acquired through shoots, satellite feeds, company hand-outs. Work with editors to create video elements for reporter live hits and packages, create chyron elements in show rundowns, making sure all elements are done correctly. Alert reporter to any time changes or timing issues with hit.
• Book taped and live interview segments, thoroughly research the guest/topic and conduct pre-interviews. Take ownership of the segment from pitch to production, including but not limited to: updating CNBC guest tracker, booking feeds, collecting relevant video, working with editors to cut elements for segment , summarizing pre interview for reporter or anchor, making certain of correct spelling and pronunciation of guest names and adhering to CNBC's booking policies.
• Plan and contribute to digital and social coverage.
• Keep up-to-date on universe of coverage, flagging upcoming events in designated sectors to CNBC editorial planning team.
• Minimum of four years booking, segment producing, field producing in live a television environment
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in business news and current events and a familiarity with Media and Entertainment sectors.
• Experience with basic field camera operation (DV, DSLR), Avid iNews and content management systems.
• Must be willing to travel, often with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
• Bachelor’s Degree
• High caliber, demonstrated writing ability, research skills, communication skills and editorial judgment.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments, while working with multiple reporters and editors on the broadcast and digital teams.
• Experience with multiple forms of social media.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.