The Director, Digital Platforms and Strategy will work with both internal and external partners to help drive the strategic, multiplatform digital content initiatives of SportsNet New York. The Director’s primary focus is expanding availability, consumption and monetization of SNY's content across a variety of platforms. This person is also responsible for the strategic direction and operation of the company’s digital platforms. This role will report directly to SNY’s President. Job Duties
Help lead SNY's digital content strategy by developing, executing, and aligning multiplatform strategies based upon current and emerging trends in the linear and digital programming spaceDirect SNY's strategy on all innovations and renovations of all digital products including website, mobile app, podcast platforms, VOD and direct-to-consumer.Collaborate with key contacts at SNY’s platform partners to create and evolve best in class distribution portals on all platformsOversee and maintain SNY’s digital budgetPartner with SNY’s remote and studio production teams for content delivery across various platformsIdentify innovative ways to implement new and existing content and monetization strategies across all platforms and communicate plan to key stakeholders across all levelsDevelop and maintain close relationships with network content and revenue partners such as sports teams, advertisers, and other related businessesCollaborate with other departments, including sales, marketing and production, to create and execute programming initiatives to expand the brand Match business objectives against opportunities and perform market intelligenceLead partnership evaluation process; outline value exchange; coordinate modeling with FinanceRun point on follow ups with internal/external parties to make partnerships operationalDevelop, manage, and maximize external partnerships that drive growth for SNY’s digital platformsFind new ways to approach existing business to generate more revenue or operate more efficiently
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or relevant work experience
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience in content distribution, platform development and partnerships within the media industry
- The ideal candidate is both strategic and detail-oriented, as well as a great influencer, with proven leadership experience, and is familiar with SNY
- Strong experience in and knowledge of the digital distribution and product fields with the ability to create actionable plans that utilize cutting edge digital opportunities
- This individual must be comfortable working with all levels and geographies of the organization, and across the business, production, technology, and sales teams in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of content strategy with an ability to manage a portfolio of programs across different platforms
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Ability to travel as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Strong knowledge of linear and nonlinear viewing habits and media consumption patterns and great awareness of the latest trends in a changing media landscape
- Analytical / strategic thinker, creative problem solver, resourceful, able to initiate change and motivate innovation and creativity
- Strong leader and persuasive communicator with a vision; proven ability to self-motivate, work independently as well as collaboratively and motivate and inspire a team; excellent writing and verbal presentation skills
- Exceptional execution-focus with the ability to multi-task and lead wide ranging business initiatives
- Working knowledge of New York sports
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.