User Experience Designer/Front-End Developer
- Full Time
Candid is looking for a UX Designer and Front-end developer who can create a user experience for complex search and data visualization websites and prototypes that are engaging and deliver clear information to the user. Work with a team of creative designers and developers on designs that help people get the information they need to do good.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
Position: User Experience Designer/Front-end Developer
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: NYC (Downtown Manhattan; NYC is preferred, but applicants in other cities will be considered)
Work with Candid product owners and the web design and development team to design intuitive user experiences, elegant interfaces, and develop innovative web applications adhering to best practices in user experience design.
Design user experiences. Work closely with product owners to outline how users will move through our products.
- Design user interfaces. Work with product owners and the web design and development team to create visuals for look and functionality of features to be developed.
- Interview internal and external clients and potential consumers of a product to create user-focused experiences.
- Sketch concepts, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes to find innovative solutions to problems
- Conduct usability testing design concepts to validate design decisions and facility to the end-user. Analyze user feedback and activity to determine how to enhance the existing user experience.
- Complete front-end development on digital platforms and enhance existing functionality.
- Complete design, production, and maintenance tasks as requested and in a timely manner for a variety of digital products and websites.
- Work with other developers to create complex data search interfaces, data visualization features, and resources integrated via API.
- Provide design support for ongoing enhancements for subscription products.
- Develop responsive websites, ensuring desired appearance and functionality across all devices (mobile, tablet, varied desktop browser resolution).
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in design, interactive media, computer science or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience, including user experience design, interface design, and front-end development.
- Proficiency with Adobe Create Suite or similar, and other digital design and prototyping tools.
- Familiarity with PHP and MySQL a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented professional who works well independently as well in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work with a variety of staff and consultants. Must be available to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Your application will only be considered if all instructions above are met.
Due to the high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
For more information on positions available at Candid, please visit our website: foundationcenter.org/about-us/work-at-foundation-center
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.