Media Specialist, West Coast
- Full Time
W.W. Norton is seeking an electronic media sales specialist to join its college department. The primary duties of the emedia sales specialist will be to assist Norton’s college sales representatives in winning adoptions where digital media is an important consideration and to train faculty on the implementation and use of Norton’s digital media products. The emedia sales specialist will also have the opportunity to spearhead initiatives that he/she determines are vital to the college department’s success. Please note this role is remote and can be located anywhere in the West Coast region.
Other Core Job Responsibilities Include:
- Training college sales reps on emedia in person, at sales conferences, and via webinars
- Making campus calls with sales reps on campus and occasionally, on your own
- Participating in or conducting presentations to faculty
- Participating in sales conference presentations
- Creating custom service websites for faculty
- Conducting sales and training webinars for faculty
- Conducting implementation workshops, including early- and late-summer workshops
- Collaborating with the emedia, marketing, and sales groups to develop on-the-ground digital strategy for existing and forthcoming digital media
- Attending a semi-annual meeting with Norton’s emedia group in New York
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- College textbook sales experience for a minimum of two (2) academic years
- A strong sales performance, including experience with and success in selling to committees
- Evidence of initiative-taking
- Evidence of general proficiency with and passion for technology
- Interest in instructional technology and the digital needs of both students and instructors
- Strong writing, analytical, and presentation skills
- The position will require up to 40% overnight travel during the academic year in addition to academic meetings and Norton conferences
- Employment eligibility to work with any company in the US is required
- BA/BS or equivalent required
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry”. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W.W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.