Portfolio and Sentinel imprints are seeking an Assistant/Associate Marketing Director to develop and execute bestselling marketing campaigns for nonfiction books. Our Portfolio imprint covers a wide-range of interests, including: technology, economics, entrepreneurship, biography, investigative journalism, with a focus on educating and inspiring a new generation of innovative leaders, while our Sentinel imprint publishes right-of-center books on subjects like politics, history, public policy, culture, religion, and international relations. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter with a strong interest in current events who would be excited to be at the forefront of the changing landscape of business, work, and politics.
The Assistant/Associate Marketing Director:
* Develops, implements and analyzes creative marketing campaigns for front list and back list titles
* Works directly with ad contacts and our internal design department to develop creative ad campaigns
* Leverages Consumer Insights and analytics for targeting and messaging
* Gathers data and insights from digital ad campaigns on a monthly basis for post-mortem analysis.
* Identify current marketplace trends and ways to leverage backlist based on those trends.
* Communicates with the sales, editorial and publicity teams to leverage data findings into sales opportunities.
* Provides sales strategy and support for sell-in of individual titles
* Helps provide direction for the social media strategy for platforms and titles including post-mortem ad analytics
* Assists authors with the development of their online/social media platforms
* Helps manage annual marketing budget
* Minimum five years prior experience in book marketing
* Experience working on creative and strategic campaigns
* Ability to work with people at all levels
* Genuine interest in nonfiction book publishing
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
* Knowledge of Facebook Business Manager/Audience Insights, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Amazon Marketing Services, online advertising benchmarks, etc.
* Strong knowledge of social media platforms; experience with social listening tools
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skillsPenguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.