Part Time Social Content Producer
- Full Time
The successful candidate will:
- Aggregate content for digital
- Monitor social conversations in our key zips/local communities
- Working under guidance of digital specialists, write social posts and email newsletter items designed to entice digital audience
- Serve as digital strike team, writing short, quick items for local audience on topics that are trending in that moment or of viral content
- Voice and produce short cell-phone videos
- Familiar with digital publishing tools
- Possesses in-depth knowledge/use of social media products for news gathering/crowdsourcing purposes. Displays a sense of urgency and energy.
- Displays ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to write accurate, concise, quick “snackable” stories for mobile content utilizing SEO guidelines to increase audience engagement.
- Possesses sound news judgment for digital and print
- Displays ability to use technology, including monitoring Tweetdeck, Social Flow, traffic cameras, etc. Ability to engage and communicate effectively with audiences in social media spaces, using CMG guidelines.
- Ability to identify breaking news and alert newsroom staff via internal alerts.
- Ability to request and add elements to web stories such as compelling video, pictures, and other visual data. Ability to send news/weather tweets on Dayton Daily News brands at least once per hour.
- Uses time effectively, efficiently, meeting deadlines and producing an acceptable volume of work. Is flexible in shift starting times and work locations.
- Displays the ability to communicate effectively with community contacts and excels at developing relationships and trust with contacts, sources and cross platform co-workers
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with others while maintaining a positive, helpful attitude.
- Handles other assignments as needed, showing flexibility and adaptability, and a calm, cool, demeanor in working with others during stressful news events.
- Ability to be innovative in ways to ethically confirm news stories and obtain content and visuals.
- Experience in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, social media or related media field preferred. Degree in related field is a plus.
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience creating content for a business-to-consumer website.
- Established social media presence on various platforms. Interest particularly in Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit, Vine, Google+. (Candidates should supply handles for verification.) Photoshop skills preferred
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.