Assistant Director of Marketing, Communications, and Events
- Full Time
Each Assistant Director of Marketing, Communications, and Events advances the Gabelli School’s strategic objectives by contributing broadly and flexibly to a range of initiatives: enrollment marketing, reputation-building, improving visibility, and developing community. Individuals who hold this position work as a team to collaborate on projects, share knowledge, and ensure maximum impact.
- Reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and in cooperation with the other Assistant Directors of Marketing, Communications, and Events, contributes to the development of a strategic marketing and communications plan that will achieve short-term and long-term goals.
- Identifies, plans, and executes all internal and external marketing efforts for the Gabelli School, including but not limited to print and online marketing, external advertising, website content, social media, and event planning and marketing.
- Collects and analyzes all data needed to understand the effectiveness of marketing and communications efforts, incorporating industry benchmarks, internal metrics, market research, and other information as needed.
- Offers an informed perspective on matters of institutional branding and acts as a representative and guardian of the Gabelli School brand, ensuring its full expression in all materials and events, and educating colleagues throughout the organization on how to capture the brand in their work.
- Produces high-quality content to tell the Gabelli School’s story to the outside world.
- Ensures that all text, photography, and video elements emerging from the school are tailored to key audiences, especially current and prospective students.
- Provides understanding and insight into the needs, desires, and communication preferences of the Gabelli School’s primary target markets, concentrated in the range from 16-year-old prospective undergraduates to MBA candidates in their late 20s and early 30s.
- Generates ideas, concepts, and themes for new and existing special events that will enhance the Gabelli School community.
- Plans and executes special events at the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses.
- Appropriately markets events to attract wide audiences as necessary, and ensures high visibility for events that stand to enhance the school’s reputation.
- Develops a comprehensive annual calendar that provides a holistic view of how all marketing and events initiatives map out over time and add value, and uses this calendar, among other ways, to ensure that all projects are completed on deadline.
- Acts as one of the Gabelli School’s main points of contact on marketing and communications topics for key internal stakeholders, such as the business faculty, the graduate admissions office, the University-wide marketing and communications group, and the Personal and Professional Development Center staff.
- Acts as one of the main points of contact for key consultants and vendors, such as brand agencies, traditional and/or online media buyers, graphic designers, photographers, and videographers.
- Assists the Senior Director of Strategy in monitoring and tracking finances.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Master’s Degree desirable.
- Academic study in marketing, communication, or a related discipline is preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with event planning, event management, and event marketing.
- Demonstrated record of performance in marketing and marketing-focused communications, including an eye for visual marketing.
- Strong writing, editing, and multimedia skills, particularly the ability to produce compelling copy, photography, and video that appeal to Fordham’s prospective and current student demographic.
- An advanced understanding of marketing approaches and the ability to apply a broad set of marketing tools to meet metrics-based goals.
- High-energy, creative, problem-solving approach, including the ability to come up with the bright idea that others might not.
- Capacity to perform well on tight deadlines and the ability to shift hours occasionally to support special events held in the evenings and on weekends.
Apply for Assistant Director of Marketing, Communications, and Events
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly