- Full Time
KMBC-TV, the Hearst owned ABC affiliate in Kansas City, has an immediate opening for a full-time Newscast Editor. The position requires a good understanding of a file-based workflow and non-linear editing systems. Our successful candidate will also assist in some media/archive management. Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premier and Bitcentral preferred. The ideal candidate is detail orientated, performs well under deadlines, and has good time management skills. We want someone who understands the importance of using natural sound and knows how to create continuity when editing a news story.
· Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
· Maintain news archives.
· Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases
and preproduction material.
· Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
· Ensure proper storage and organization of media files.
· Maintain standards for all edited material.
· Take in ENG and SNG feeds.
· Any other editing duties as assigned.
· Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
· Military experience will be considered.
· Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
· Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
· Must be able to manage multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
· Knowledge of current television production techniques.
· Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
· Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
· Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
· Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
· Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
· High School Diploma
· Some college or technical school preferred
· Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus