Launched in 2008, “The Rachel Maddow Show” follows the machinations of policy making in America, from local political activism to international diplomacy. Rachel Maddow looks past the distractions of political theater and stunts and focuses on the legislative proposals and policies that shape American life - as well as the people making and influencing those policies and their ultimate outcome, intended or otherwise.
Join the Maddow team as a segment producer and contribute daily by pitching, writing and producing exceptional, compelling stories about politics, current affairs, public policy, foreign news and quirky things that happen every day. Essential Responsibilities:
Work closely with Rachel Maddow and senior staff on political/editorial content of nightly showPitch and shape segment ideas with a specific “TRMS” angleProduce compelling segments that include quality sound, eye-catching graphics, and headline grabbing bannersParticipate in daily staff editorial and production meetingsPitch guest ideas and on occasion, pre-interview guests
• Work closely with Rachel Maddow and senior staff on political/editorial content of nightly show
• Pitch and shape segment ideas with a specific “TRMS” angle
• Produce compelling segments that include quality sound, eye-catching graphics, and headline grabbing banners
• Participate in daily staff editorial and production meetings
• Pitch guest ideas and on occasion, pre-interview guests
• Thorough knowledge of American politics
• Legal and/or investigating producing experience preferred not required
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Possess ability to develop story ideas and angles, research, and plan segments
• Write and produce segments with speed and error free in newsroom environment
• Ability to "book" guests, and work with graphics and video elements
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture. Up to date on periodicals, including Op-Eds
• Strong knowledge of social media
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.