Sr. Director, Business Strategy - West Coast Studio Operations
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Planning & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Sr. Director, Business Strategy will serve as a strategic and innovative leader, working directly with executives across the Studio Operations group (production services, post production, lighting & grip, property, wardrobe/costume, transportation, finance, and IT). He/she will develop and manage a portfolio of projects to build both short and long-term financial value for the Studio. The person in this role will utilize reporting and analytics, conduct market research, review internal business analysis, and implement continuous improvement plans. The Sr. Director will identify opportunities to reduce cost, raise operating cash flow margins, and optimize the client experience across the West Coast Studio Operations group.
Responsibilities for the Sr. Director, Business Strategy include, but are not limited to:
Consult with Operators at the line and leadership level to identify and propose business development opportunitiesFacilitate ongoing strategic planning efforts in support of long-range planning and annual budgeting while partnering with finance to assess related financial implicationsAdminister Process Improvement Program for Studio Ops; measure gaps between actual and desired levels of process capability, employee performance, service levels, and other key business outcomesPerform ongoing market analysis to identify industry trends, competitive landscape, and other forces shaping the entertainment/media businessDevelop an analytical culture using historical and current operational data to drive predictive analytics for the Studio
• Minimum 7 years of experience in a business environment, solving complex operational problems
• Experience successfully leading simultaneous, cross-divisional change management initiatives, preferably using Lean Six Sigma.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct and translate business research (industry analysis, competitive benchmarking, voice of customer)
• History of using analytical and problem-solving skills to produce meaningful metrics that drive and demonstrate ongoing improvement
• Shows advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Proven ability to lead diverse teams, coaching them to optimal performance
• Track record of establishing strong, collaborative relationships to influence stakeholders and gain consensus on solutions
• Bachelor's degree or higher in business, organizational management, industrial engineering, quality, or related field
• Additional education/certification in: Quality Systems, Industrial Engineering, and/or Project Management
• Knowledge of Studio departments, workflows, functions, and technologies
• Experience working with information technology systems, specifically databases and web-based apps
• Skilled in statistical process control (SPC) and analysis
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.