Manager, Marketing Strategy - Universal Studios Hollywood
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Manager, Marketing Strategy is responsible for helping to drive consumer focused business development. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy this individual is a critical member of a team that identifies and solves for the strategic short and long term issues to maximize the economic upside of the Universal Studios Hollywood site.
Ideal candidates have a strong acumen for storytelling and analysis, and experience working with strategic frameworks, consumer research and metrics. Additionally, individuals with excellent relationship and problem solving skills in fast-paced environments are encouraged to apply.
• Work with the Senior Manager to proactively identify opportunities and business challenges as well as deliver ad hoc analysis and recommendations on a variety of revenue driving subjects (e.g., content, product, value/price)
• Monitor industry and consumer trends; partner with sister teams (analytics, insights, integrated marketing, sales)
Long Range Planning
• Actively support the creation of annual operating and long term plans in conjunction with Universal Parks & Resorts, including framing overall approach (must be able to articulate the problem, develop a hypothesis, structure the analysis, gather supporting data, and communicate findings succinctly and clearly)
• Drive tourist market growth, including analysis and strategy and plan development
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA highly preferred
• Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience (e.g., consulting, marketing strategy)
• Experience in delivering strategically founded recommendations
• Strong interpersonal and relationship skills; proactive, adaptable, and collaborative
• Effective time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); thinks well on their feet, as well as presents information succinctly and effectively
• Creative acumen, maturity, and enthusiasm
• Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Experience developing and/or using marketing research
• Experience or exposure in a marketing function and quantitative capacities
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
• Self-directed and able to work independently but also able to work collaboratively in a team-oriented department
• Strong sense of project ownership and dedication to delivering outstanding results
• Ability to speak, read, and write in Mandarin and/or Spanish a plus
Experience Universal Studios Hollywood ™ - where every day is an opportunity to take action, a chance to have fun. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood entertainment experience with the world’s largest movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Here, your individuality helps movie-making magic meet real life thrills to inspire memories that last a lifetime. Therefore, we strive to attract the best talent across a range of positions from hourly guest service to professionals. You are encouraged to bring the passion, energy and creativity that will make a difference to the thousands of families and friends who explore our universe every day. Get ready for an epic adventure at a place where you can be Universally You - Universal Studios Hollywood ™, the Entertainment Capital of L.A℠.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.