Assignment Desk Editor
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC News Channel is the affiliate feed service division of NBC News.
We provide video and editorial content to nearly 200 NBC affiliates and all NBC News network shows. The Weekend Assignment Desk Editor will find, follow, and cover the news of the day and gather stories and elements for dissemination to NBC and News Channel affiliates and clients. This position also includes three night shifts, gathering news from the PacWest region. This is a fulltime staff job.
Job Duties:Work with all NBC entities and News Channel clients to gather the day’s news Use all available editorial, social media, and desktop tools to gather, view, and share storiesRespond quickly to breaking newsWork closely with feed producer regarding story details and restrictions Communicate story developments with network, NBC News Channel clients and internally within NBC News ChannelRepresent NBC News Channel on network conference callsBook transmission facilities and satellite space for live/tape feedsUtilize various file sharing platforms to gather videoFind compelling user generated storiesClear, with the proper language, any user generated content for the feedFollow and communicate Rights and Clearances restrictions
• Bachelor’s degree - preferably in journalism or communications
• Minimum 3 years in a newsroom environment
• Must be able to work in Charlotte, North Carolina
• Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays
• Must be able to work flexible hours during major breaking news
• Demonstrated knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong editorial judgment and customer service skills
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
• Strong work ethic and organizational skills
• Familiarity with iNews and AVID Media Central
• Previous work at NBC News or NBC affiliate
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.