National Producer, NBC News Channel
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC News Channel is the affiliate feed service division of NBC News.
We provide video and editorial content to nearly 200 NBC affiliates and all NBC News network shows. This person will produce content and manage the assignment desk for the national feed on weekend overnights. This person will also write stories for the national feed three nights a week. This is a full-time staff job.
Job Duties:Select, research, write and edit video for national news stories.Service affiliates, network and international client requests. Use all available editorial, social media, and desktop tools to gather, view, and share storiesRespond quickly to breaking newsCommunicate story developments with network, NBC News Channel clients and internally within NBC News ChannelBook transmission facilities and satellite space for live/tape feedsUtilize various file sharing platforms to gather videoClear, with the proper language, any user generated content for the national feedFollow and communicate Rights and Clearances restrictions
• Bachelor’s degree - preferably in journalism or communications
• Minimum 3 years in a newsroom environment
• Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays
• Must be able to work flexible hours during major breaking news
• Must be able to work in Charlotte, North Carolina
• Demonstrated knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong editorial judgment and customer service skills
• Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
• Strong work ethic and organizational skills
• Familiarity with iNews and AVID Media Central
• Previous work at NBC News or NBC affiliate
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.