About The Role:
Dotdash is seeking a social media editor to help grow the Facebook audience of our new lifestyle site, The Spruce.
We are looking for a savvy social media enthusiast with a passion for all things food, home and lifestyle, who is eager help grow the audience of one of the biggest content sites on the web. The social media editor will work with The Spruce content team to promote our best content across our four Facebook pages and two Instagram pages to help grow traffic and audience engagement.
We are looking for someone who can commit to 40 hours per week.
About Your Contributions:
- Write and curate compelling, social-friendly content to make Dotdash content work in the moment
- Mine The Spruce’s extensive site library to find articles with great social promotion potential
- Collaborate with influencers and PR to coordinate takeovers
- Engage with our community through comments across platforms
- 2-4 years of demonstrated experience as a social media professional / community manager for a major Lifestyle (Home, Food, Family) media property with a large percentage of traffic coming from social media
- Expert level proficiency with writing, editing, and curation of content on social networks such as Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Flipboard and emerging social platforms
- Experience with Buffer a major plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status