- Full Time
America’s Test Kitchen is looking for a person with the right mix of creativity, vision, and passion to help us build our growing Kids business—which includes a line of cookbooks, picture books, and board books, as well as a physical box subscription business. We’re on a mission to empower the next generation of cooks and we want to do that across all mediums with equal levels of creativity and craft.
Every day you’ll be working closely with editors and test cooks, going to tastings and activity testings, figuring out how to translate complex ideas into rich, compelling, and engaging visuals that speak to kids ages 5 and up on their level.
You’ll be a part of a highly collaborative team full of humble experts. No one is too good for any task. We all roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done. Bring your ideas, leave your ego at the door.
- Drive and execute design across all channels for the Kids business
- Concept, design, and execute 12 boxes each year for our subscription box product
- Concept, design, and execute 2-3 cookbooks each year.
- Create digital assets for kids website and marketing needs, as needed.
- Art direct photo shoots for styled food, step-by-step instruction, and marketing needs—some of which include kid talent.
- Art direct photo shoots for print and digital with a focus on images that convey important information about the food while inspiring emotional reactions
- Customize existing illustrations
- Create original illustrations
- Help grow and evolve the Kids brand
- Constantly collaborate with others on the team to improve our processes and workflows
- Collaborate with marketing designers to ensure brand consistency across channels
- Gain a deep understanding of what our users find valuable and meet those needs every day
- Keep business needs in mind and support those initiatives wherever possible
- A portfolio full of inspired and thoughtful work
- 7+ years of experience designing for kids in print mediums (digital mediums also a plus)
- 3+ years experience art directing photo shoots
- Ability to create and modify illustrations
- A natural talent for turning abstract ideas into visual stories
- Stellar communication skills
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- An obsession with quality and detail in both design and process
- The ability to stay organized even during the messy parts of the process
- Flexibility and a strong backbone and the wisdom to know which is required
- A high degree of curiosity
- A mind capable of generating innovative solutions to tricky layout puzzles
- Familiarity working with content management systems
- Mastery of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Bachelor's degree in art or design (or equivalent experience)