Manager, Brand Communications
Posted: 6/12/2019 | Expires: 7/12/2019
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Planning & Strategy
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Manager, Corporate Communications
Penguin Random House is seeking a Manager to join our Corporate Communications team. We are a busy, fast-moving team. Communication is the at the heart of what we do here at Penguin Random House; the team has a uniquely central position in the organization, producing content, managing our intranet, driving our community work, promoting our culture and values, managing social impact partnerships, and much more.
This role will be primarily be focused on external communications and PR, although, as is the nature of our team, there will be lots of opportunities to be involved in different areas of the department. Therefore it is essential that the successful candidate has excellent writing skills and strong PR experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Directly support the EVP and Director in providing high-level strategic communications assistance for the company’s senior executive team.
* Write and develop press materials, strategy, press outreach, media pitches, FAQs, imagery, and toolkits.
* Analyze and research opportunities for press engagements and in-person engagements, proactively and in reaction to inquiries.
* Draft talking points for CEO’s internal and external engagements in partnership with Global Strategy team.
* Prepare and implement communications strategy derived from business priorities.
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and execute publicity and internal communications strategies.
* Play an active role in the research, planning, and development of strategic corporate communications programs.
* Create and execute traditional and non-traditional media engagement campaigns to maximize visibility for our charitable giving efforts.
* Generate proactive media interest in Penguin Random House’s social impact & responsibility platforms; strategically manage reactive inquiries on a timely basis.
* Coordinate with Social Impact & Responsibility teams across territories to identify opportunities to align company initiatives and engage internal and external stakeholders where appropriate to sustain our message and community outreach.
* Help create our strategy for corporate giving opportunities, including campaigns and philanthropic contributions. Analyze past giving trends and create reports and outward-facing materials on giving and social responsibility initiatives.
* Directly assist with the creation and launch of new social responsibility programs, including identifying partner organizations, and assist with monitoring ongoing programs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Excellent writing and copyediting skills. Familiarity with press releases, blog posts, and other standard corporate communications templates.
* Precise use of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling in written communications.
* Responsible for editing and proofing materials during all project phases.
* Proven aptitude to solve problems, handle crises, and effectively utilize all resources to make quick decisions.
* Strong Internet search and analysis skills.
* Familiarity with Excel and other data analysis tools.
* Conversant with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other social media platforms.
* Flexibility and responsiveness to short-term assignments and tasks.
* Professional demeanor with strong written and oral communication skills, including developing coherent, concise emails and slides.
* Experience in devising, managing and executing communications and project plans.
* Familiarity with U.S. domestic and international press landscape. General understanding of New York philanthropic, cultural, and government sectors.
* The successful candidate will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with minimal supervision and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
Relevant Work Experience:
* 5+ years of experience in communications, public relations or related field.
* Preferred experience in a creative industry such as media, entertainment, or fashion.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.