Rolling Stone: Account Manager
- Full Time
Rolling Stone: Account Manager
Rolling Stone — the definitive source for music news for the past 50 years, as well incisive political coverage and the latest in pop culture — is hiring an Account Manager. Working out of the beautiful midtown Manhattan offices, the Account Manager will be responsible for ensuring the needs of our advertising partners are met. This person will oversee the entire sales process from RFP ideation, to campaign wrap reports.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as day-to-day manager of running business. Including, but not limited to, pro-active reach-out to clients, screenshots, reporting, and serving as point person for all active clients in the New York territory.
- Focus on the entire sales cycle, driving RFP responses with internal teams as well as ensuring flawless execution of active campaigns in conjunction with your designated program execution lead.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, and Editorial in pre-sale work including developing proposals and campaign strategies that tie directly to client objectives and KPIs.
- Formulate an understanding of client specific buying habits to develop turnkey media plan solutions that will win the business.
- Utilize performance data and insights to strategize, position, and sell through upsell, incremental, and renewal opportunities.
- Drive as an Internal client advocate, effectively communicating client KPIs, monitoring what the client cares about, what will make the customer happy, and motivations behind any individual RFP, campaign, insight request, and more.
- Work in tandem with Ad Ops campaign manager on monetization needs to ensure campaign delivers in full.
- Assist in EOM billing reports and logging sold campaigns into placements prior to campaign launch.
What you'll bring:
- Team first attitude.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to deliver customer-focused solutions.
- Flexibility to maintain focus through change and drive amid ambiguity.
- Solution- and outcome-oriented approach.
- 2+ years of Account Management or related business experience, preferably with an agency or publisher.
- Expert knowledge of the digital media sales process and a background in media planning within a fast past sales environment.
- Ability to meet RFP and campaign deadlines in an efficient manor.
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite, Salesforce, Prisma, comScore, Google Ad Manager, and Google Analytics, Placements.
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides “all the news that fits” to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day. Rolling Stone’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.