Rolling Stone: Jr. Video Editor
- Full Time
Rolling Stone: Jr. Video Editor
Rolling Stone LLC is hiring a Jr. Video Editor based in New York City who will be a key member of a growing video production team, working within an extremely fast-paced entertainment news-based and creative environment. From daily news and breakout stories to ongoing franchises and custom content, the Video Editor will be involved with handling all types of content across the board. The Video Editor will be able to quickly edit, create custom graphics, and package content into dynamic short form pieces. Fluency in both emerging and longstanding social/video platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat and Facebook are essential.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of editing original high production value content video. The primary role for the Video Editor is to work with our teams, contribute ideas, technical expertise, and create video content that engages our audience across our variety of brands and a multitude of platforms.
This role reports to the head of Video Production.
- Edit daily video that is conceived for the web - .com, YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
- Work with our video producers and team leaders on any and all video projects
- Edit high quality videos that suit the needs of the brand and our clients
- Manage media storage and organization of all raw materials and finished projects
- Manage multiple edits and ensure delivery on time.
- 2-3 years of experience editing, creating and managing digital video
- Background in entertainment, news, music and politics, or similarly related digital consumer media
- Thorough and current understanding of video distribution in a fast-paced and ever-evolving video environment
- A track record of producing premium, high-visibility video for large-scale audiences
- A track record of coming up with solutions for logistical challenges
- Passion for digital/entertainment/news/music/politics
- Fluency and proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud – specifically Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Color grading, After Effects, Sound Mixing
About Rolling Stone:
Rolling Stone, the number one brand in music publishing, has been the leading voice of music and popular culture for 50 years. The multi-media brand features the latest in music reviews, in-depth interviews, hard-hitting political commentary and award-winning journalism across many platforms including magazine, digital, mobile, social and event marketing. Rolling Stone provides “all the news that fits” to a global audience of approximately 60 million people every month and publishes over 100 pieces of content every day. Rolling Stone’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.