Penguin Random House is seeking an Associate Production Manager who will work with the Associate Director, Production to coordinate the manufacturing process of custom titles for the Proprietary, Diversified, and Premium Sales teams. The Associate Production Manager collaborate with a variety of internal colleagues while working with both adult and children’s front- and backlist titles and ensuring that books are produced within budget, delivered on time, and are of the highest quality.
Specifically, the Associate Production Manager:
* Negotiates competitive pricing and schedules with domestic and overseas vendors.
* Manages the manufacturing process of standard books as well as creative projects.
* Maintains communication with vendors, transportation department, and internal departments to negotiate pricing, resolve manufacturing issues, and address any internal or external queries.
* Ensures vendor compliance with CPSIA 2008 and customer specific testing protocols, verifies that all quotes comply with company paper supply regulations, and maintains safety reports and issues Certificates of Compliance.
* Secures freelance designers, copyeditors, and translators required to complete titles.
* Assists Associate Director, Production with the creation of large, high profile campaigns (i.e. Dollywood, Kohl’s Cares).
* Attends weekly and biweekly meetings with the Proprietary & Premium sales teams.
* Executes purchase orders in SAP.
* Processes invoices for payment and resolves all financial discrepancies.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in book production, 1c work a plus
* Ability to work independently and problem solve
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external contacts
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully meet deadlines
* Excellent attention to detail
* Intermediate knowledge of color correction
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and SAP; basic knowledge of InDesign is a plus
* Ability to travel up to 5% of the time via car or train
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.